If you’re scrambling for something to make for Valentine’s Day, treat yourself or someone you love to these simple and delicious bacon hearts.
All you really need is bacon, a knife, a pan and an oven. For easier clean-up, use parchment paper. For extra fancy hearts, throw in some chocolate.
- Get some bacon.
- Cut it in half.
- On a baking sheet, shape one half of the heart and then the other, letting the two sides overlap just a bit.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and the thickness of the bacon.
- Drain off the grease and serve immediately, on their own or as a special breakfast side.
OR if you want to be extra decadent…
- Drain off the grease and let the hearts cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl. Start on half power, stirring often so it doesn’t get funky or burn.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the hearts or just dunk them right in there.
- Let them cool and enjoy!
Floppy bacon is best. Thick-cut bacon is delicious, but doesn’t shape as well.
Your baking sheet should have sides, unless you want a fire-y mess.
If you choose to cover your bacon in chocolate, it works best if you make your hearts nice and crispy.
Don’t worry if the halves of your heart come apart while dipping. You can stick them back together with melted chocolate.
Watch out for cute dogs underfoot. Your kitchen will smell amazing!