I love to make patterns out of everyday objects. When I spotted the corner braces at the hardware store stacked one on top of the other, I got excited! What a great way to recreate a chevron pattern! Then take that a step further and make it into a necklace. Hardware to fashion yet again!
You’ll need: leather string, 3 corner braces, some nuts and washers, and a pair of scissors.
- First, cut a string that’s about 6 inches longer than the length you’d like your necklace to be.
- Tie two knots about 6 inches from the end of either side of the string.
- String one of the corner braces onto the ends and tie two knots.
- Add several nuts and washers onto either side and tie two knots.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until you’ve used all of the corner braces, tie two final knots, and you’re done!