Alright ladies, it’s time to fight for your right to wear summer clothes! Before the cool weather really starts rolling in, make sure to wear those flip flops and shorts as much as you can. In the spirit of Crafted in Carhartt, I wanted to carry an adaptation of this great quote by Marie Curie around with me.
“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that?
We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves.
We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”
I stenciled it onto the back of my Carhartt Annapolis Shirt. What a great reminder to yourself, and those walking behind you, of the hard work we should put into our passions.
It’s that simple. Do what you love. If you’re crafty and love finding ways to bring nature into your living space, this DIY project is calling your name. You can pick up these supplies at your local craft store. It’s quick, simple, and to the point.
What you need: adhesive moss paper, a tree ring, an inspirational quote, pencil, sharpie, and scissors
1. Pick out a quote that inspires you.
2. Type it up on a computer, mirror it horizontally so that it reads backwards.
3. Cover the back of the paper in graphite so you can transfer the letters to the back of the moss paper.
4. Flip the paper right side up (so that it reads backwards again), place it on the back of the moss paper, and trace the letters.
5. Your quote should appear backwards on the adhesive side of the moss sheet.
6. Trace over the graphite with a sharpie so you don’t smudge the tracing off while cutting.
7. Cut the letters out.
8. Peel and stick to the wooden palette.
And you’re done!
check out my crafting outfit here: Traverse City Hoodie & Straight Fit Slim Jean